Version 1.15 - 10th October 2020
1) Changed the task priority so that the screen saver now runs in 'normal'
Version 1.14 - 2nd August 2010
by default. This means it should be less glitchy on modern computers which
ironically steal more processor time from the screen saver than older ones did.
Note this means the screen saver will use more electricity...
1) Fixed a problem with multi-monitor support when the primary screen is not number 1.
2) Fixed a problem I noticed with rotated resolution that are tall and narrow.
Version 1.12b - 1st August 2010
1) Employed a simple installer by innosetup to automate installation but download is now much larger.
Version 1.12 - 31st July 2010
1) Overhaul of the phone scanning section. It is much for faithful to the movie
2) Massive reduction in CPU usage without significant loss of animation quality
3) Tuned some of the text message times during the infiltration section
4) Tuned default colours
5) Improved matrix-code character images
Version 1.11b - 11th July 2010
Package update only
Version 1.11 - 18th August 2007
1) Fixed colour mapping problem with the character codes
2) Adjusted CPU resources allocation to use less power on fast machines and give more back the the system so that it doesn't always max out your processor. Note that the animation might be slightly less smooth on some systems.
Version 1.10 - 08th March 2007
1) Added support for multiple monitors. Yes, I know it's been 5 years, but I've been busy. It is worth the wait.
2) Improved "Trace Program" visual effects.
3) Improved speed regulation to the Matrix code emulation.
4) Significant improvements to the matrix code emulation, head fading and the activity levels of the code now subtly change over time.
5) Adjusted alignment of intro sequence and trace program
6) Tweaked default colours of matrix code, default variability, and speed.
7) Optimisations increase performance up to a factor of 2.
8) Fixed bug with repeat opening of Settings window.
9) New power-save features, good for laptops and those wanting the Matrix but without the CO2.
Version 1.07 - 19th June 2002
1) Added new options to configure matrix code speed and distribution.
2) Fixed timing problem on Dell PC's by bypassing faulty counter timer.
3) Fixed power save problem
1) Fixed Defaults button on settings window didn't reset all the settings.
1) Added new settings window with lots of settings
1) Fixed speed regulation problems with the phone decode section.
1) Modified for differences in the way Windows 2000 caches and handles GDI calls that was interfering with the animation flow.
1) Plugged some resource leaks.
1) First Version
Installing the old way
For those installing manually, simply copy the THEMATRIX.SCR file into your Windows directory.
If you are running Win95, Win98 or WinXP then this will probably be called C:\WINDOWS
If you are runnging WinNT 4 or Win2000 then this will probably be called C:\WINNT
There is absolutely no warranty of any kind whatsoever, either expressed or implied on this software. It is provided free and in good faith. You use it entirely at your own risk.
Copyright and Distribution
This screen saver is the copyright of Philip Symons, Meticulous Software.
All Warner Brothers copyrights acknowledged
This screen saver is Freeware. This means that all users are free to distribute this screen saver without any restriction provided that it is distributed entirely unmodified with this accompanying text file.
Last Updated : 02nd August 2010